Chocolate Covered Marshmallow
For the cookies:
1/3 cup (75g) Butter, cold
4 tablespoons (30g) Powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (100g) Flour
2 tablespoons Milk, cold
For the meringue:
3 egg whites (100g)
3/4 + 2 tablespoons cup (175g) Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla paste
For the chocolate cover:
250g Dark chocolate
2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
Recipe makes 16 krembos
- Make the cookies: in a food processor or using a hand dough blender, blend butter, powdered sugar, flour. Blend until crumbs are formed.
- Add milk and blend until dough is formed.
- Transfer to clean working surface and shape into a flat disk form. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 170C (340F)
- On a floured working surface roll out the dough into 1/4-inch (1/2cm) thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut 2-inch (5cm) circles.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden, set aside to cool completely.
- Make the meringue: in a bowl of a stand mixer combine egg whites and sugar. Place the bowl over a double boiler (a pot with simmering water). Mix until sugar dissolves or until reaches 65C.
- Attach the bowl to the mixer and whisk on high speed for 7-8 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla paste and stir.
- Transfer the meringue to a piping bag fitted with a large round piping tip (12-15 mm).
- Pipe the meringue over the cookies as shown in the video. Freeze the cookies for at least 2 hours.
- Make the chocolate cover: in a dip bowl or a measuring cup melt dark chocolate with oil.
- Now you have two ways to cover the krembo. First way: arrange the krembo on a cooling rack, pour melted chocolate over the krembo. Second way: dip the krembo, upside down in the melted chocolate.
- Allow to set before serving.