How to make cocoa powder cookies
Ingredients for 30 cookies:
7/8 cup (200 g) of unsalted butter (softened)
2 Cups (240 g) All-purpose Flour
1 pinch of salt
1 cup (100 g) Powdered Sugar
1 a teaspoon of Vanilla extract
5 rounded teaspoon (20 g) of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 cup (300 g) of favorite Hazelnut Spread or Nutella
Before you start make sure you have softened butter
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mix and work with your hands until completely combined.
- Roll the dough in about 30 balls (about 20 g each).
- Make an indent pushing slowly with your thumb in the center of the cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and put the cookies in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes depends on your oven. Make sure not to overbake the cookies.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Fill each cookie with a teaspoon of your favorite Hazelnut Spread or Nutella when you are ready to serve them. Leave the cookies unfilled if you are not gonna eat them shortly.