How To Make Disney Churros
1 cup of water ( 250 ml)
1 and 1/4 all-purpose flour (190 g)
8 tbsp of butter (115 g)
1/2 tsp of salt
3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon (Divided)
1 and 1/2 cup (400/500 ml) of vegetable or canola oil.
*Optional: 1 Tablespoon of vanilla sugar – We tried the original recipe release from Disney and we tried again adding vanilla sugar. This is our favorite version so far.
1/2 cup Granulated sugar (110 g)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (*1 tablespoon vanilla sugar) in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low.
- Add the flour then stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and let it rest for 5-7 min.
- Add one egg at a time, stir until well combined then remaining eggs. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚F. (175°C)
- Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
Pipe 1-inch of dough for churro toots or squeeze a 4-inch strip (for longer churros) into the hot oil then cut with scissors or a knife. Repeat until the churros fill the saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry all the churro until golden brown -about 2 minutes- Remove with steel skimmer or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towels.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Coat the churros in the sugar and Cinnamon mix when they are still very hot.
Place the churros on a serving plate and eat them with your favorite dipping sauce. We used chocolate and salted caramel. Yummy!